Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hoten POW Camp Liberated



My father was in the Bataan Death March during WWII.  The last POW camp he was at was Hoten in Manchuri, China.  This is a video that made it to youtube.  There is no sound.  I do have a copy of this video given to us by another POW that knew my Dad.  My father is at 4:02.  He is the good looking guy on the left with his hand on the shoulder of the guy to his right with the white cap.  My father does not have on a hat.

Dad passed away in 1983 and I still miss him. 

Hey Dad you made it to youtube!!

2 comments:

Allie said...

The joy on his face just made me cry - I cannot imagine the horrors he faced, but that smile! What an amazing piece of film.

QuilterLaura said...

That was amazing! I wonder how many others are searching for their family member on that video now. Your dad sure looked happy! Thx for sharing this.